Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Lots of new & exciting things going on for us these days! Audrey is moving on up to the toddler room at daycare! It's hard to believe she's grown so much since she started daycare there in August. Apparently, she has a great time when she's in there. It's taking her a little while to adjust because all of the kids are bigger than she is and she's with new ladies, etc, but she'll be just fine. This room doesn't use sippy-cups which means that soon enough, Audrey is going to be drinking out of a normal cup. THIS IS SO WEIRD/BIZARRE/SAD to me. She is growing up too fast!

I'm re-starting my Master's again and my first class starts tonight! I was accepted into George Mason's MAIS program (Interdisciplinary Studies) and my focus will be on Women & Gender Studies paired with Sociology. I'm really excited about this switch over from my previous studies in Counseling because I think this is much more up my alley. I'm taking "Women & Global Issues" this semester and, based on the syllabus, I think it's going to be a rewarding and enlightening class. I'm sure the issues I learn about will make their way into some of my future blog posts in some way, shape or form...

Lastly, I accepted a new position at George Mason. I am VERY, VERY excited about this. Starting on February 10, I'll be an Admissions Specialist in the College of Education & Human Development (CEHD). I'll finally be doing something that uses my degree(s) and experience at UGF AND I'll be getting a pretty nice pay increase. I'm thrilled at the opportunity to be in a position that will potentially lead to career growth and fulfillment and I think it's a great move for me!

1 comments:

M and M said...

I toyed with majoring in Gender and Women Studies at UVA, and I ended up going with Sociology. So I have a huge interest in those subjects too! I hope you enjoy George Mason's program. And congrats on the new, more-challenging job!