So I have been a decent job at keeping up with my goal to do a nightly devotional. I've pretty much dropped "My Utmost for His Highest" and am using "Devotions for a Deeper Life" (both by Oswald Chambers). I think "Devotions for a Deeper Life" is easier to understand & relate to. The entry for March 16 was something that I really liked, so I linked it for you. It talks about how it's wrong for us to presume that we know what God wants for others, and how just because people don't do things OUR way doesn't mean that they are less spiritual than we are. I feel like it would be beneficial for a lot of people/groups to really think about that because it seems like we are constantly pushing the values that we think are right onto others. "You are not saved unless you do this/live like this!" Well, who are we to tell people that?
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment