I don't know if any of you have heard of the story of Layla Grace, but she is a two-year old who was fighting neuroblastoma. I had been reading her parents' blog for a while, and it was heartbreaking to read. She passed away early this morning. I cannot even fathom being in her parents' position.
It seems like there has been a lot of bad news going around in the last few weeks. I didn't share in the last blog entry, but Brian's dad had a heart attack and quadruple bypass last week. We've also been getting news of the deaths of people in our loved ones' lives.
Between the Layla Grace story and everyone else's losses, it's been hard not to think about mortality. On one hand, I feel blessed to not have to go through what others have had to go through, but at the same time, I feel terrified that something like that could easily happen to us or to our precious Audrey.
When you become a mommy, your emotions and ability to empathize increase tenfold.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Life.
Posted by Liz at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I had no idea about Brian's dad -- y'all are in my prayers!!
I know that feeling. I think I have cried more in the last year than I have in my entire adult life.
Post a Comment