So, some of you may be wondering why we're making our blog "exclusive." We have just decided to err on the side of caution when it comes to sharing the details of our lives. Since our blog has a lot of information about our lives (including our last name and location) & more importantly, little Audrey, we figured yuou can't be too careful in today's world.
The upside of the switch to a more private setting is that we can be a bit less censored in the details of our lives. There are a lot of times when I find myself holding back simply because I'm aware of who could potentially be reading the blog, but now since it is by invitation only, we can feel a little freer.
Which leads me to share this piece of information which I have been keeping somewhat quiet/undetailed: as of the end of this month, I am free from UGF! We don't have official orders yet, but things at work came to a head and I decided to resign a little bit early. My boss is just awful and 3 people (myself included) who had all been there for 2+ years (a LONG time in the world of admissions) all quit within 1.5 months of each other...that should be a pretty telling fact. I have been doing a director's job for the last few months, but UGF refused to compensate me more or be flexible in any other area (such as letting me come in at 7:30 and leave at 4:30.) My boss admitted she thought I should get more compensation, but then she sat on that idea for a month and a half, and never followed through despite my multiple attempts to follow up. When I resigned, she asked if there was anything she could do to convince me to stay b/c I had been such an asset to the team; all I could think was, "I already told you what you could do!" Needless to say, the stress of doing a director's duties was not worth the pay I was getting, and now I'll spend March packing up our stuff and hanging out with Audrey!
Speaking of packing, still no official orders, but Brian spoke w/ his Col. in Virginia, and orders should be here ANY DAY. He wants Brian to report within the first week of April, so it looks like we could be released from Malmstrom on April 1 (PRAISE JESUS!) Of course, until we have paper orders, this could all change.
I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Totally feels like it should be Friday...of next week.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Why the change?
Posted by Liz at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yay - more time for you to spend with Audrey!! So happy for you!
i can't wait until you're in the NoVa area. yay.
Post a Comment