Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ahhh Winter in Montana...How We Hate Thee

Yeah, so winter is now here. It's freakin' cold and, although it doesn't snow a whole lot (yet), the wonderful city of Great Falls doesn't believe in plowing...apparently ever. I saw a plow on the roads today - it wasn't plowing though. It was dropping the Montana equivalent of rock salt...which is dirt...with big chunks of gravel in it...that get picked up by tractor trailers and thrown at nearby cars. Liz can tell you all about her experience last winter with that. Coco still bears the scar from that run-in.

Anyway, like Liz said, we had a good Thanksgiving. It was fun but it wasn't like spending Thanksgiving with the family. We never realized that Thanksgiving was a drinking holiday...but apparently it is!

The puppies are enjoying the snow. We had a fun time playing with them in the snow a few days ago. They were so cute running around and wrestling with us and each other. Angie felt like getting a little dangerous though - we were playing catch with a tennis ball and Angie ended up flinging it at Liz!!! They're learning quickly though and are behaving very well. This picture was after the two puppies tackled Liz - it was a pretty good tag-team!


The end of my quarter is coming quickly. Next quarter is going to get a lot harder - I'm going to be taking two classes. One is a physics class about the space environment and the other is orbital mechanics. I think it's gonna be a rough quarter.

One thing that has been nice though is the ability to go blow off some steam up at the ice rink playing hockey. I'm still not very good but I'm getting better pretty quick and I can actually stop now! I haven't scored yet, but that's mostly because I have to concentrate on staying on my skates. I've made a few friends up there and it's been a great workout. Since I started playing a month ago I've lost almost 5 pounds - amazing what a few games of pickup hockey a week can do. Don't worry, this picture is from last year and yes those are the new Sabres colors (not Bruins colors like my mother asked). I upgraded over the summer and I now have the royal blue and gold of the old sabres jerseys! Maybe one of these days I'll get some new pictures.

Time to pull my weight and actually do something around the house. I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comments:

derrik dyka said...

hockey has been great for me too, lost 20 pounds in the last year.

we dont have anyone posting in MT yet but its growing rapidly. check out www.pickuphockeyfinder.com , let the organizers there know, its free to use.